I don't know where I'm going, but I promise it won't be boring

{ Wednesday, April 13, 2011 }
The final month of school. It's finally here.

I sat in my room reflecting upon this entire school year for a good amount of time this afternoon, and the words simply cannot reach my tongue to describe it. Transferring to this college, my college, was the best decision I have made to date. It scares me to think about the person I would be if I hadn't encountered certain people, made the friends I have, or not lived through the experiences I have had since August. Every fiber of my being has been carefully shaped and molded by the year that marked my independence.

Now, more than ever, I am ready to embrace the future with open arms. Our stories are just beginning to unfold.

I want this summer to be the most significant and enriching of my life. I know you can probably sift through the archives of this blog and read the same line written in entries from 2011 and 2009, but I sincerely mean it. I've grown tired of settling for mediocre life experiences. I refuse to be lukewarm in anything I do. I'm tired of dipping my toes into the water when I should be diving headfirst into all aspects of life: my faith, work, travel, and aspirations.

The time is now. A certain passage from the Bible really spoke to me this evening:


"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps." Proverbs 16:9

The time is now.

I cannot wait to road trip with my friends to the oddest destinations, open myself to new experiences, and spend my afternoons in reflection or reading a book. My summer dream job is filing away books in a library all afternoon- perhaps I will finally land a position this year?

Below are a few snippets of inspiration that I have gathered via weheartit this week. All of the images have a special place in my heart, and I chose them all for a specific reason.



-Lindsay

0 comments:

Post a Comment