Everything is everything; the more I talk about it, the less I do control

{ Thursday, April 14, 2011 }
I'm working for the weekend, honestly. I love my Thursday class schedule- having a nice 3 hour break in the middle of your day is a true blessing. The napping, blogging, and studying opportunities are boundless!

I'm the process of designing an entirely new blog, The Plastics, with my friend Anna. Our blog will primarily focus on fashion, street style, music, art, film, and random bits of culture that we find inspiring or interesting. It will be nice to deviate from my own blog to collaborate on a project covering topics that we are so passionate about!

My first story will cover Bearstock, an annual music festival sponsored by Mercer University in Macon. The entire day is full of local bands and will end with this year's headliner- a personal favorite of mine- 3OH!3. Needless to say, I am brimming with excitement to cover this event for the blog!

Now, for a timely outfit posting:

Lately, I've been a bit of a v-neck hound. I believe it's starting to become a bit of a problem! While I was in Savannah on spring break, I bought two of the versatile t's from Urban Outfitters, and proceeded to buy three more a couple of days later in an Urban in Atlanta. Like I said, I'm hooked. The necklace in the photos above is one of my absolute favorites- if you look closely enough, you'll see that it is Alice In Wonderland themed! (Psst, if you're reading this: Thank you Kaitlin, for the beautiful jewelry! I love you).
My chipper week has been punctuated with anxious thoughts and apprehensions, but I cannot let them bother me. My Publication Layout and Design course is such a challenge, which I love, but I've found it difficult to conjure new, fresh ideas to "stand out" with. This class has shown me that my creative strengths are in my words, rather than visual design. However, I will keep on keepin' on and design to the very best of my knowledge. It seems like employers in the mass media industry look for applicants that are the "whole package," so I will need to hone my design skills in due time.
I just have to keep in mind what I have in store this weekend, and I instantly perk up...

-Lindsay

1 comments:

amy b.s. said...

love the charm necklace!

Post a Comment