Bearstock 2011 & friends

{ Wednesday, April 20, 2011 }
Last weekend I had the most amazing time at Mercer University's annual Bearstock music festival. Nothing makes me happier than a beautiful day outdoors while enjoying live music with good friends, honestly. Thankfully, Bearstock served as a "last hurrah" for fun before the hectic weeks leading up to finals week and moving out from school!

The local acts were fantastic, with two standouts theKey and Parachute Musical really appealing to me (yes, that is me shamelessly plugging them- check them out!). By the time 3OH!3 took the stage, I was hyped and ready to go. Luckily, I got to enjoy their entire performance from the front row, rather than in the midst of a literal sea of people behind me.


This afternoon I found myself reflecting upon how music has brought so many important and significant people into my life over the years. Oddly enough, I would not have met any of the girls that I call my closest friends if it weren't for our similar tastes in music. I met my best friend, Carrie, freshman year of high school after commenting on her Fall Out Boy shirt, hah! In all seriousness, though, I believe music has the innate power to unite individuals that wouldn't have ever had a chance to connect otherwise.


Hopefully this summer will grant me with many more opportunities to revel in the splendor of live music! For tradition's sake, I will most likely attend Warped Tour- the atmosphere itself and insane people watching opportunities are simply too fun to miss out on!


-Lindsay

2 comments:

yiqin; said...

looks like a lot of fun :D

Tom from PM said...

Hey Lindsay! Thank you for mentioning us. We had a great time and it was awesome to meet all of you. Your pictures are really good as well. See you soon again in Macon!

Post a Comment