"We move along with some new passion knowing everything is fine."

{ Wednesday, February 16, 2011 }
It has been one of those rare weeks. A week where the edges of dream and reality blur and bleed into something too perfect and simple. I don't know if it's the warm weather, the clear skies, or my budding optimism, but happiness is encompassing my life in ways I never thought possible.
It's hard to believe that I'm entering the final two weeks of my teen years. I'm not sad, only a bit nostalgic. I honestly believe with all of my heart that the best years are yet to come and my story is just beginning.
Pardon the digression, but shall we continue with the upbeat mood? I recently made a list of the things that make me happiest in life, so why not present them in graphic form? Sure, they may be simple, strange or silly, but they define me. I wouldn't change a thing.


Sushi.
Need I say more? Preferably lots of it, in many varieties. Avocado rolls, California rolls, and salmon rolls can gladly reside in my belly.

Sunflowers!
They are the happiest flower out there, I believe. Nobody has ever brought me sunflowers before, but if and when it happens I will perform multiple happy dances in public. Bet on it.


Dinosaurs.
I don't really know where my odd fascination with dinosaurs started. Most likely when I fell in love with Jurassic Park when I was five. Anyway, I think they're pretty neat and I would definitely own this hoodie. If only it came in adult sizes.

Holding hands.
A simple gesture, I know, but it means more than anything to me. And makes me smile like an idiot.

Pekingese.
The only breed of dog I have ever owned, and will always own. Sure, it takes a while to get used to the lack of...face, but they are the sweetest! Nothing is comparable to a Pekingese waking you up in the morning.

Rollerblading.
Oh, the endless wonders of rolling around on four wheels. Indoors, outdoors, it doesn't matter- I break out my roller blades and zoom around like they're going out of style. Oh, wait they already are...

Jim Halpert.
Yes, I know he is a fictional character. Regardless, he is witty, intelligent, boyishly handsome, and embodies every endearing, awkward trait that I find irresistible. Oh, gee.

Yes.

Being front row at concerts.
Honestly, there is nothing like it. Being in front of all the action, singalongs, and music makes me feel so full of life.

Polaroids.
A little retro photography never hurt anyone, right? Whenever the rare chance comes along that I get my hands on one of these cameras, I happily snap away.

Think of the little things in your life that make you smile. They may be insignificant, but they all mean something.

-Lindsay

1 comments:

Ande said...

I just want you to know I tried to find that dinosaur sweatshirt for you for your birthday... to no avail. BUT I TRIED! <3

A present from Japan should suffice ;)

Post a Comment