"I write for fear of silence. You carved a boat to sail my shadow, now I walk alone." -Young The Giant

{ Monday, January 17, 2011 }
It takes a lot for me to shamelessly promote a band or creative endeavor on this blog, and Young The Giant is certainly worthy of my bountiful praise. I discovered the indie gem over a year ago through music hunting site http://www.thesixtyone.com/, and have been hooked since.
Something instantly clicked inside of me the second I began listening to "Cough Syrup," and my ears yearned for more. Being a longtime advocate for independent musicians, I began to plug little bits about Young The Giant into random blog posts, and readers were pleased with the band's refreshing jazz-infused indie rock.
Last May, I had the pleasure of seeing Young The Giant live when they opened for Minus The Bear at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta. It was a wonderful to finally experience such raw talent mere feet from where I stood in the venue. Right then and there, I knew this band was going places much larger than an underground venue.
A week ago Young The Giant made its television debut as the house band on Jimmy Kimmel live. Needless to say, I was thrilled! The band announced its first headlining tour shortly after, and will be playing club venue shows throughout the spring.
It's an amazing thing, really, to watch a band progress and grow right before your eyes. I cannot wait to see the band play in Atlanta on March 12th- my birthday celebration!
In the meantime, I introduce you to Young The Giant- indie rock extraordinaire. One of the best live bands I have yet to experience.

http://www.youngthegiant.com

-Lindsay

0 comments:

Post a Comment