"Well, it kind of hurts when the kind of words you write kind of turn themselves into knives"

{ Wednesday, December 1, 2010 }

My day has been consumed by astronomical amounts of writing and reading- and I'm happy with that. With this semester coming to a close in less than two weeks, finals are right around the corner.
Although the majority of my peers are stressed over impending deadlines and tests, I'm most anxious about being accepted into my Journalism major. After hours of tweaking and revising my resume and fighting with myself over double concentrating in Advertising, I finally submitted my application for review yesterday morning! The thought of being rejected after all of the hard work I've done absolutely chills me to the bone. I've had my mind set on making a living as a writer since I was eight years old, and the mere thought of a change in career plans seems ludicrous. My hand behind a pen is the most innate, organic feeling I know.
Even though the future feels uncertain at the moment, there are a few things I have observed this week that are undoubtedly true.
Shall we?:

1.) Every fortune cookie I open somehow alludes to me living in New York City. Sure, I may be reading into things and conjuring a little false hope, but you never know!
2.) Reading the AP Stylebook just for kicks can be fun and informative. I know, I know- you're judging me for that one.
3.) There is nothing more seductive than a man bundled up in a pea coat with a dapper scarf. Trust me on this one, mmm.
4.) On that same note, there is nothing more attractive than an intelligent man. I will forever fall hopelessly for them.
5.) The Lion King will forever reign as one of the greatest movies of all time. Any film that has the power to draw such strong emotions from me time after time is a classic.

This is an obnoxious rant of a blog post, but the pent up words inside of me had to be released. Now I have to do serious work on a magazine spread focusing on vegetarianism for my Writing for the Mass Media class. Awesome final project!

-Lindsay


2 comments:

tess said...

I wish you the best of luck!

The guy I currently have a crush on right now wears peacoats extremely well even if the rest of his look is pretty disheveled and he is ridiculously well read. Both factors are very attractive ;)

Juliane Haley said...

Shhh...I read my Writer's Reference book from college all of the time.

Post a Comment