"What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"

{ Friday, October 22, 2010 }
I've taken up a new outlook on life and plan to fully see it through. Eleanor Roosevelt once said to do one thing everyday that scares you, and I'm doing exactly that. One day it may be something that is literally "scary" (I'm going to see Paranormal Activity 2 tonight, eek!) but on most days it is something to bring me out of my comfort zone. So far this experiment has been very liberating and I'm seeing myself grow as a person in ways I never thought would be possible.
I made the two hour drive home from school yesterday to have a relaxing weekend at home to spend time with my family and friends. Last night my sister and I ventured into Atlanta to meet Lauren Conrad at her book signing! Love her or loathe her, it's hard to deny Conrad's innate and stunning sense of style. I've loved all things LC since I was 14, my friends have proclaimed her as my official "girlcrush," and after five long years of obsessing over her glamorous life on The Hills I finally met my style inspiration!





I had Lauren's newest book, "Lauren Conrad Style," signed. The book is a full-color informational guide to dressing for success and I can't get enough of it! I'd recommend this book to any college-aged girl wading her way through the fashion world- it is so helpful.
Be on the lookout for Lauren's upcoming MTV reality show that will chronicle the development of her clothing line!
-Lindsay

5 comments:

Theresa said...

I love that idea of making yourself step outside of your comfort zone.
Lauren is just fabulous,and as a matter of fact, you look super LC-esque in that outfit! Too cute. :)

LeRae said...

That nude color looks gorgeous on your skin tone!
Thanks for that quote~ :)

xoxo from Korea

vanilla with sprinkles

She is Sara said...

Awww! That is so sweet you got to meet her! I used to watch The Hills, the first season and I liked her, she isn't too bad, and she dresses snazzy lol :)

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i'm glad that you got to meet her! looks like you had fun.

Mandy said...

Omg I totally have read the LA Candy series! I just bought the new hardback the other day at Target, and I was tempted to get her stylebook as well (I'm saving that for another day). That's so awesome that you got to meet her.

Post a Comment