Fashion Week Recap

{ Thursday, September 16, 2010 }
School has taken precedence over me obsessing over the runways this season- not fair! However, I've taken the time to pick out a two of my favorite looks thanks to the runway reports at http://nylonmag.com/.

Marc Jacobs spring 2011




I love, love, love the use of pinks and purples for the spring! It's a great departure from the cliche creams, pastels, and floral prints that are expected of the season. Marc Jacobs uses a variety of fabrics as well, from structured, ruffled textiles to sleek, smooth satins. As you can see in the last picture, elegant rompers are obviously going to stick around for another season.

Anna Sui spring 2011


Sui never disappoints with her beautiful, folksy dresses and ornate headpieces. One day I will be the proud owner of one of her one-of-a-kind frocks. The sunglasses line is also noteworthy- I'm loving the retro frames.

Although I'm not a huge fan of runway couture, I admire the artistic quality of the designer's work. I'm much more of a mixed medium girl- wearing designer heels with distressed jeans or a boyish blazer over a feminine dress. I've never been a slave to the runways and never will be, but it sure is fun to think about wearing priceless gowns and one-of-a-kind pieces, isn't it?

-Lindsay

1 comments:

nikki said...

your amazing and i love you very much and miss our chats. i came home this weekend, deleted my facebook and havnt checked my phone in like 48 hours. i was in dire need of 'getting away' from the real world. but that doesnt keep me from creeping on your blog site and feeling oh so very proud of you and honored to be your friend. your amazing and i have full faith that one day you will be a fantastic writer for an exquisite magazine (or something of the sort)
i need a life update....
i saw leighton today at longhorn... he was nice. i didnt know if i should be super cordial or give him the cold shoulder -- cause i dont know yalls current status. you wouldnt believe mine. its been a rough year and everything has gone topsy turvey as far as my personal life goes. oh well, such is life.
love and miss you.

Post a Comment