She Moves In Her Own Way

{ Saturday, May 22, 2010 }
Happy weekend everyone!
I feel as though I've finally gotten back into the swing of my daily routine after a rough week at home; it's a wonderful feeling! My day has been full of sunshine, room-cleaning, and a trip to the beloved Target. It felt odd buying stacks of towels and storage containers for my future living area in the fall. Regardless of any strange feelings I've been having lately, I'm still very ready and excited to make my transition into college life in August.

Outfit
Dress- H&M
Belt- Target
Earrings- H&M
Bracelet-Vintage

I found this uniquely-printed dress at H&M this past week while celebrating my friend Carrie's birthday. Although I'm usually not a fan of all-over prints, I loved this one! Accenting it with a stand-out belt helped add a quirky feel (and give me more of a waist, thankfully)! I'm really going to try to upload more consistent outfit posts- it's such a great way to reminisce upon my creative days.
I used to despise this bracelet below (I honestly thought it was the weirdest thing ever known to mankind), yet I've grown to love it recently. My grandma has always been an avid collector of unique, one-of-a-kind accessories, and this little gem was passed down to me a few years ago. Although I'll be the first to admit that it is a bit strange, who else will you see walking around rockin' a ram's head on their left wrist? Point made.

With summer, there comes reading. As nerdy as it may sound, ever since elementary school I have looked forward to my three month long free time session as a prime opportunity for uninterrupted reading time. In tradition, I have taken full advantage of this time of year! I'm currently working my way through four novels. I honestly believe I have reading ADD, because I simply cannot read one book at once. I may become bored with a character at the moment or temporarily lose interest, and it's always nice to know you have another story to fall back on. I'm currently reading The Green Mile by Stephen King (surprise), Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith, The Fiction Class by Susan Breen, and last but certainly not least, Nineteen Minutes by the wonderful Jodi Picoult.

I find it helpful to switch up titles every few days and come back to the story later, especially when the novel is dealing with serious themes or disturbing subject matter. This is certainly the case with The Green Mile and Nineteen Minutes, so it's nice to have a "fun reading" book nearby. If you're looking for a cozy and entertaining beach read, I recommend The Fiction Class. I bought it for a dollar on the "last chance" rack at my local Books A Million and I'm loving how the plot is unfolding! It's also served as a great creative writing tool, since the end of each chapter contains a fun and easy writing prompt. It saddens me that such great works end up on clearance racks, simply due to the fact that the author isn't a household name or that the title isn't listed on a bestseller list. Is it crazy that I feel sorrow for the ignored books in stores? I think so.

Lindsay

3 comments:

JustNorman said...

best thing about college--BEING IN COLLEGE.
you look great. A+

JUSTNORMAN
JUSTNORMAN

Jasmin Richardson said...

Your dress is the cutest. :)

Gladys Lopez said...

great outfit!
i love your dress.
i wish we had an h&m here. i've only been in an h&m once and that was in japan and i didn't really like anything (and it was very crowded)!

Post a Comment