I'm Drowning in a Literary Lagoon, Help!

{ Saturday, April 10, 2010 }
First off, happy weekend everybody!
I'm currently taking a short break from this grueling research paper I'm writing to gain some ounce of sanity through my blog. Who knew 1,400 words could feel so unattainable? Anyway, prior to this morning my week was going wonderfully! My friend Carrie and I ventured into Atlanta's Little 5 Points for some badly-needed shopping and delicious sushi. Although I only came home with a new book (Stephen King's The Green Mile, yes!), I was still incredibly happy and grateful to be able to evade my homework for one day longer. The weather was great, the food was even greater, and the attractive men we passed by while walking down the street were, well...stupendous.

I don't know about you, but I thought this cafe mural was pretty outrageous. Naturally, I had to get my picture in front of it, tea in hand. My new oxfords (well, new as in just recently bought from the thrift store) held up amazingly well as I was able to break them in comfortably while stomping the pavement all afternoon.
I've been sitting in front of the computer screen for the past three hours, and I've only written 350 measly words. It's not that I have writer's block- I know exactly what I intend to say in this paper- it's the cold, hard fact that my academic motivation is lacking, sigh. All I really want to do is spend the afternoon cuddling with my little Pekingese, Lily.

I'm off to go tend to my puppy, I hope everyone has an excellent weekend!

Lindsay

2 comments:

Lexie, Little Boat said...

your hair is gorgeous in this picture!

Ande said...

Lily is so adorable!

Post a Comment