"The Earth is what we all have in common" -Wendell Berry

{ Thursday, April 22, 2010 }
Happy Earth Day!
As I was browsing around on Thinkexist for a pertinent quote for this post, the one I used as the title struck me quite strongly. In times where nations are at war, racism is still thriving, and it seems as though others are constantly scrutinized for their differences, there is one thing we all communally share- the beautiful Earth. So, I raided my Flickr account and countless Tumblrs for photographs that capture the essence and beauty of our Earth:


What will you be doing to honor your Earth today? Personally, I think I'll sprawl out in the grass after returning home from work to catch up on some reading and homework. Although Earth Day serves as a wonderful day of awareness, activism, and community gatherings, it's important to remember that it is our obligation to aim to conserve our Earth's beauty and resources every single day. To learn more about ways you can alter habits in your life to make an Earthly change, visit http://www.50waystohelp.com/!

Lindsay

4 comments:

Chloe, Butterfly Cupcakes said...

I love these photos. I don't think I need to do anything different on Earth Day as I try to live everyday like its Earth Day.

indigotangerine said...

These are wonderful, especially the tree hug.
-indigo

Charlotte said...

amaaaazing photos!!

hiking in stilettos said...

Love this post!

Post a Comment