With All the Bells and Ruffles...

{ Monday, February 15, 2010 }
Ah, the start of yet another hectic school week. I can do this, yes I can! After a dreary weekend full of snow and sludge, I was happy to escape the confines of my house for classes today. Odd, I know. The plans I had made months in advance to spend the day in Atlanta shopping the $1 sale at Rag-O-Rama in Little 5 Points didn't happen, thanks to Mother Nature's cruel, frigid hissy fit. However, my spirits were brightened a bit on Sunday when Leighton took me out for a Valentine's dinner...to Shane's Rib Shack. I know, just the name alone sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen, but I love the place. Plus, Leighton appreciated me going easy on his wallet this time!
After eating, we ventured over to the ever-wonderful Target, where I nabbed this high waisted, ruffled skirt that I've been coveting since I first saw it in October. The $4 price tag wasn't half bad, either!


Outfit:
V-neck sweater- Forever 21
Ruffle skirt- Target
Tights- Target
Scarf- Handmade
Motorcycle bag- Balenciaga lookalike -wink-

Luckily for me, my school day flew by in a whirlwind of returned tests, pop quizzes, and smiles. Why the smiles? The much-anticipated meeting with my English professor went surprisingly well; so well that I'm not required to write a second draft of my argumentative essay- I'm done! Such a heavy weight has been lifted off of my shoulders with this good news. Now I won't be up to my eyeballs in parenthetical documentations, bibliographies, and MLA citations, whew! My only current worries are finding a decent, compatible roommate for the fall at GCSU and getting fit for my Spring Break trip in a month. A month! I can hardly believe I'll be at the beach with my friends, wading in the ocean, in a month's time while the snow is still melting around town.

The Fratellis' Costello Music has been keeping me great company for the past week or so, and I'm undoubtedly a self-proclaimed fan. What I would give to see them live! My favorite song is "Whistle For The Choir," a soft ballad that contrasts the album's typically incessant, upbeat melodic tracks. Give it a listen, I love the soft strumming of the guitar.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week, stay warm! :)

Lindsay

7 comments:

JustNorman said...

lookin good girl.
thanks for the birthday wishes. im not gonna lie, i feel like a GROWN ASS MAN.

JUSTNORMAN

hiking in stilettos said...

love that skirt! i may have to make a target run today!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

LOVE IT

LML said...

gotta love target!

hasnt all this weather been crazy snow in atlanta....charleston? crazy!

indigotangerine said...

that's too bad about the sale, but my goodness $4 for that skirt! A total steal.
-indigo

Helen said...

ooh i love that skirt! was a bargain

Out of Order said...

Cute outfit, and yay for no rewrite!

Post a Comment