"Swimming in a library, we're not going anywhere"

{ Saturday, February 6, 2010 }
For any of you wondering how it feels to spend three hours of your precious Saturday morning number crunching in a library, heads up! My friend Carrie and I decided to get together around noon to study for our upcoming Algebra exam (shiver, cringe), which I'm still not feeling so confident about. However, 24 measly practice problems and three hours later, we rose on wobbly legs from our study area and explored the public library. Low and behold, they had music! No, not only albums consisting of Barry Manilow or elevator music (which are identical, if you ask me) but great selections like Paolo Nutini, The Kinks, Elvis Costello, and Wolfmother. I was absolutely floored by the amount of good music the library had to offer. I came home tired, drained, but happily listening to my newly checked-out albums from Blink-182 and Arcade Fire. An unlikely combo, but great new additions that are sure to make my iPod happy.
Outfit:
Striped sweater- American Eagle
Scarf- DIY
Necklace- Etsy
Jeans- Domaine
Boots- Herstyle? Yup.

I honestly didn't feel like putting much thought into an outfit only to be seen in a library, so I played it safe with soft, muted colors.
All in all a productive day, right? I'm feeling so! I came home to my warm room, had dinner with my boyfriend, and just wrapped up watching The Devil Wears Prada with him. Leighton watching a "girl's movie?" Absurd! In all honesty, however, he admitted he "got into" the movie which put a smile on my face. He made me promise that no matter what path my journalistic adventures send me down, that I wouldn't wind up in Andy Sachs' shoes (unless they were Blahniks, of course...), to which I eagerly agreed :)
Happy weekend!
Lindsay

0 comments:

Post a Comment