I'm Getting a Case of Idol Fever...

{ Wednesday, February 17, 2010 }
It's that magical time of year when masses of us media-obsessed Americans tune into Fox nightly to anxiously await the fate of the musically inclined hopefuls on American Idol, all narrated by none other than Ryan Seacrest, of course. I honestly haven't paid much attention to the show since Season 2, when I was much younger and had endless hours to spend idly watching Idol (ah-hah), but my nonchalance towards the show has made a complete 180 thanks to this year's season. The current contestants are a breath of fresh air compared to previous years' hopefuls, and I've already become a fan of a contestant who made it past the group rounds last night- Luke James Shaffer (or Luke James, for short).

Hailing from New York City, James possesses a cool, casual air and flawless voice that is hauntingly similar to that of Maroon 5's Adam Levine. Being a huge fan of Maroon 5 and the gang, I was instantly turned on to Jame's soulful style and intent on hearing more. Turns out, he has a Youtube channel, complete with acoustic covers from the likes of Death Cab for Cutie, The Fray, Train, and even Lady Gaga. His original song below, "As I Am," embodies the slightly jazzy and soul-infused sound that I crave.



Check out the rest of James' great covers on Youtube. Also, be sure to follow him around the web on:
Twitter- @lukejameslive
Myspace- http://www.lukejameslive.com/
We'll find out tonight if he's made it into the Top 24- I've got a great feeling that it's going to happen!
In other exciting and awesome news, I just nabbed a spot in a Q&A conference call with Ben and Dave from The Buried Life for tomorrow afternoon! Needless to say, I'm a huge fan of the show and their mission, but extremely nervous about actually interviewing them! Leave your questions for the guys in a comment, and hopefully I'll get some answers tomorrow. Thanks everyone! Keep your eyes peeled for the Q&A feature posted later this week :)
Lindsay

1 comments:

Sara Lynn said...

wow I am so going to check him out now! I never watch American Idol, because I never really watch anything on TV. lol, Ihave no life, but I will check his myspace out when I get home, and he is easy on the eyes :)

Post a Comment