Ah, First Day on the Job...

{ Monday, February 1, 2010 }
I began my blogging internship for Vode Vintage LA this afternoon, and I believe I'm really going to enjoy it! Since I haven't technically done any type of journalistic writing fit for a portfolio in nearly two years, this opportunity to write online about fashion, art, and nearly anything else creative on my mind for the next three months will certainly keep my mind busy, as well as my keyboard.
I cannot fully express how immensely determined and motivated I am to transfer schools in the fall and begin to take my writing to the next level. However, a lot of time and preparation will be invested in my portfolio over the summer, sigh. Honestly? I'm already stressing over it. To date, my writing collection consists of my favorite articles written for my high school's newspaper- namely my interview with a member of Say Anything and my Fall Out Boy press conference piece. Narcissistic interjection, but I had to :) There is also a small collection of music reviews and opinion pieces, which I'm debating whether to even showcase in the scanty portfolio. I suppose everything will work out in time; let's hope!

Love this photo! Thanks, Tumblr.
Anyhow, I'd love for you great bloggers would spread the word about Vode Vintage! All you have to do is copy the code below for a nifty badge to show your support for Vode on your own blog. Leave me a comment letting me know you posted it to your blog, and in turn I'll add you to my link list if you're not already on it :)



Lastly, music time!



Urban Outfitters has done it yet again, blessing us with another week's worth of catchy tunes to thrive on. Could the beginning of a busy week start any happier? I think not.
Cheers!
Lindsay

2 comments:

Gladys Lopez said...

Congratulations on your internship! :)

tess said...

this sounds so exciting for you, good luck!

Post a Comment