"Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world” -Albert Einstein

{ Thursday, January 21, 2010 }
In times like these, when I'm practically up to my eyeballs in homework assignments and papers, I must remind myself of the practical truth that school isn't everything. Sure, it's hard to believe when I'm a novice undergrad just navigating my way through the beginnings of college, but I know it's the honest to God truth. I'm keeping up with my workload and juggling everything else in my life, so I should give myself a little pat on the back.
Who else is already stressing over their second semester?
When I find myself criticizing my efforts in school, I look to Natalie Portman for inspiration. Not only do I love her for her impeccable sense of style, but also for her intellect and level-headedness. Graduating from Harvard College with a bachelor's degree in Psychology and fluent in over three languages, Portman is an actress I've always respected for more than her abilities on-screen.

"I'm going to college. I don't care if it ruins my career. I'd rather be smart than a movie star." -Natalie Portman


That little bit of academic inspiration will certainly hold me through the week. In other news, I finally received the Buried Life t-shirt I won from MTV! I love it :)

#41: Make a toast at a stranger's wedding.
Apparently this little task will be completed on next week's episode. Can't wait!

-Lindsay

5 comments:

jayne said...

that shows sounds so cool, I must watch it

Natalie Portman got more roles probably b/c she went to school and can actually handle tough parts ironically. She is a great inspiration!

Jennie said...

weird... i just put a complete biography post of natalie yesterday....

AudreyAllure said...

that's the exactly the same reason why i'm such a fan of natalie portman. she's beautiful, smart, and talented!

Romeika said...

Natalie is so gorgeous and grounded.. :)

Lexie said...

did you see brothers? she was amazing in it. i'm surprised she didnt get any nominations!

Post a Comment