"Books Do Furnish A Room" -Anthony Powell

{ Sunday, January 10, 2010 }


Upon visiting my great friend, Keri, at her college this past weekend, I've come to a solid conclusion: I'm going to miss the heck out of my room in the fall, when I'll be living in a dorm. Although I was down in the dumps last August when all of my peers were going away to college, now that I've experienced campus life for a weekend I've come to appreciate my own, solitary space at home. Needless to say, I'll be cherishing it for the next 7 months.
Speaking of school, my spring semester of college starts tomorrow! Exciting, huh? I'm actually feeling confident about this semester, seeing as I only have classes on Mondays and Wednesdays. The downside? I have to be on the road to class at 6:45 in the morning. Having 5 school-free days out of the week to study, write, work, and go to the gym are pretty wonderful, however. I'll try not to complain :)
I'm taking another solid 15 hours this semester, and I'm in love with all of my classes. American History, Public Speaking, Government, English, and Algebra (well, I could do without that little one...) will keep me very busy!
For everyone else who happens to start back to school tomorrow, best of luck to all of you! Let's all hope for a semester of success and productivity :)
-Lindsay

2 comments:

jayne said...

love your title quote! :)

I'm excited for classes too. I feel like my brain has gone kaput in the past month, but it deserved its rest after hellish finals. Now, I'm ready to go!

dorm life is soo overrated, so you're not missing much! part of the reason I am not excited to return to school is due to dorms: roommates, noisy hallways, slow elevators,etc. ugg

I see you're reading a Stephen King book? I just finished his latest "Under the Dome." Its 1000 pages, but addicting enough to propel through. Its about a small town in Maine that finds itself placed underneath a this invisible forcefield, a dome. no one can get out or in, and of course, the best and worst of human nature comes out.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

such a pretty room it is too!

Post a Comment