Because You Only Turn 19 Once...

{ Sunday, January 31, 2010 }
Although we're only facing the beginning of February tomorrow, it's my annual tradition to become overtly excited for my birthday...starting now. Yes, I know it's over a month until grand 'ol March 3rd rolls around, but I can't help but get a little anxious about turning a year older. Not only will I deliberately blast Adele's album 19 all day long, but I also plan on having dinner at an unlimited sushi bar with my best friends. How could a birthday possibly get any better than that, right? Well, my mom's inclination to buy my presents on Etsy adds to my excitement just a bit! So, what's on my wish list this year?
I absolutely love this fine art print by Irene Suchocki! I'm forever on the lookout for unique art to hang on my dorm room's walls in the fall, and this piece in particular suits me perfectly. I'd love waking up the the sight of New York City's beautiful skyline every morning, again and again.

I think spoon rings are so neat, especially this one! I think the idea of wearing something so uniquely crafted is awesome. More designs are available in
Revisions' Etsy shop.

Lastly, this great bag by
Ikabags! Although it's advertised as a diaper bag, I think it is a far cry from any generic, baby-supply-toting carry-all. I love large bags, and I can't help but love the bright yellow, just in time for spring!
Of course, I'm not expecting to receive any of these great handmade finds for my 19th, but a girl can wish, right? I'm off to read about the wondrous system of federalism...
I wish all of you a great Sunday, happy blogging!
-Lindsay

2 comments:

Sara Lynn said...

awesome picks! I love all of them, I have never been to NY so I would love a poster like that. The spoon ring just rocks!! And I can appreciate the diaper bag as a purse. I have done it a few times!!

Thanks for the sweet comment on my pic for chictopia! I think chictopia picks the winners though but thanks for offering to vote!

What are your plans for your birthday so far?

tess said...

sounds like a lot of fun! my birthday is in june so its typically a quiet affair since I'm usually out of school by then. however this year we're at a family reunion ugg haha

Post a Comment