Let's Play Catch Up, Shall We?

{ Saturday, December 5, 2009 }
Confession? I've missed my darling little blogger pals! With my first round of finals coming up next week, I've been stressed to the hilt. Luckily, I've decided this entire weekend belongs to me and me only. My quest for the perfect GPA this semester has really been weighing on me. Intense studying has only left me feeling more stressed and anxious, not confident. So, I'm here to take a break! One of my most favorite things to do while relaxing and having "me time" is reading. Although some despise reading and view it as anything but pleasurable, I can't get enough. I've been thumbing through Stephen King's On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, and find it insanely insightful and witty. I've found his commentary on the rules of grammar and plot structure of fiction very helpful and interesting. To any aspiring writer reading this: get your little mitts on a copy of this gem!

With my month-long Christmas Break coming up in less than a week, my great friend Carrie and I have been planning some exciting shopping trips! One of which is to a vintage and secondhand clothing store in Atlanta called Clothing By The Pound. Basically, the store functions exactly how it sounds. You search the racks for what you like, your finds are weighed at the register, and you pay an affordable, set price per pound of gently used duds. I cannot wait! My love of thrifting is so immense that I decided to put together an outfit entirely composed of thrifted or handmade items. The result?


Unfortunately, my fish eye lens failed me once again and cut out my sweet, patent leather, peep toe flats, sigh. However, for the parts of my ensemble you can see:

-Striped cardigan- Rag-O-Rama, Atlanta
-Yellow shirt with over sized buttons- Clothes Less Traveled
-Black, high-waisted pencil skirt- Clothes Less Traveled
-Yellow skinny belt- Wellspring Thrift
-Black scarf- Handmade, by mom :)
-The evading shoes- Rag-O-Rama, Atlanta

Needless to say, there will be an in-depth thrifting review after our trip to Clothing By The Pound!
Lately, I've fallen in love again with my iPod. For some odd reason, I've reverted back to listening to the bands I adored during my junior year of high school. Why junior year? The world may never know. However, I've decided to share the little band collage I have on my wall, which will undoubtedly come along with me when I move into a dorm next fall.

Fortunately, my musical taste hasn't strayed far from what it was a little over two years ago. I still love Motion City Soundtrack and Say Anything. I once interviewed the twin brothers, Jake and Jeff Turner, of Say Anything for my high school's newspaper since they were alumni. Just a little informational aside there :) It's also crazy to think of how some of these bands have grown since I compiled this little mecca of mine. For starters, Cobra Starship has completely and utterly blown up. It's surreal to go from seeing them in a small crowd to hearing them routinely played every hour and a half on a major radio station. I'm happy for Gabe 'n the gang, in a bittersweet way. Between the Trees has also gained a fair amount of popularity, although they're still fairly indie, in my opinion. The first time I saw them, the band was fresh out of high school. Now they've been played on MTVU and the sky's the limit :)

Alright, enough with my musical ranting! I could honestly go on for hours on end. I hope all my sweet readers have a wonderful weekend, and an even better week ahead of them. Update me on your lives, will you?

-Lindsay

1 comments:

jayne said...

cute outfit! love the big buttons the shirt

Post a Comment