Free Music...Sunday? Oh Jeez. November 15, 2009.

{ Sunday, November 15, 2009 }
Alright boys and girls, I'm late big-time on this one! Between building my writing portfolio, being assigned impromptu shifts at work, and facing massive reading assignments I am finally here, doing what I love. Ahem, one side note before I administer your weekly dose of ear-candy: I'm currently reading On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King and it's absolutely captivating. I recommend it for any serious writer or fan of King's work; it'll change your outlook on writing and literature forever. Now, onto those hand-picked freebies!
I don't know about you, but this chilly pre-winter weather is bringing me down. All of today's downloads remind me of the summer; something I would play while driving with all the windows down. How do they make you feel?

1.) Anarbor- "You and I (acoustic)"

I saw these guys live in September with The Almost, and they were so much fun! Anarbor's upbeat, power pop-infused songs are undeniably catchy carefree.
Download "You and I (acoustic)"

2.) Amber Oak- "Turn of SeasonsIronic title, no? The singer of Amber Oak sounds hauntingly similar to Steve Bays of Hot Hot Heat, a definite plus!


3.) The Pica Beats- "Summer Cutting Kale" I honestly don't believe I'll ever be able to satisfy my constant need for soothing indie-rock.
However, The Pica Beats will hold me over...for a while, at least!

Once again, you may have to create a free Amazon.com account to access these downloads. However, it takes little to no time. So, are you ready to kick back and relax with a pina colada in one hand and your iPod in the other? Enjoy, happy followers! :)
-Lindsay

2 comments:

Lilee said...

niice!

Anonymous said...

woah, Amber Oak was awesome!

Post a Comment