"To be simple is to be great" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

{ Monday, October 12, 2009 }
Every now and again I'll stumble upon a statement, quote, or phrase that moves me. As for today, I found this little bit of inspiration on FFFFOUND.COM, my newest online addiction. Being new to college and its many academic hurdles to jump, I've found myself comparing my smarts and strengths to others' and feeling as though I've fallen short. My constant conquest for that 4.0 GPA, the pinnacle of perfection, is getting the best of me. This simplistic yet monumental statement, "others are great, but you can be greater" has moved me to vow to stop comparing myself, to stop stressing, to just live. I'll aim to please myself. I'll aim to be great.
-Lindsay

2 comments:

Caitlyn said...

Did a post today about "just living" :) It's so important to not define yourself by just marks

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

That is a nice quote. I always wonder why we feel a need to "rank" ourselves against others or in society...I'm all for self-motivation. :)

Post a Comment