Oh Halloween, How I Love You So.

{ Sunday, November 1, 2009 }
As of 11 p.m on October 29, I had absolutely no plans for Halloween weekend. None, zilch, nada. Luckily, all of that changed when I called into Atlanta's popular radio station, Star 94, and won my way into a costume party which Cartel was playing. Score! Psst, a little-known fact about me: I'm basically a pro at winning radio contests. Don't ask me how, but I do believe concert-going luck is on my side seeing as I've been lucky enough to win tickets to six shows in the past few years. Anyhow, the party was at The Loft, an awesome and incredibly chill venue that had several lounge areas and a stage free of those bothersome barricades. In the midst of a sea consisting of cheap polyester, fishnets, and scantily clad underage girls, there was me- the mystical flying unicorn.
My quest towards creating the perfect Halloween ensemble began in August, when I found a unicorn hat at my favorite thrift store for a mere $5. Needless to say, it was possibly the best $5 I have ever spent. Throughout the night I even had several people come up to me asking for their picture with "The Unicorn."
By the time Georgia natives Cartel took the stage, the crowd was thoroughly inebriated (excluding myself, of course) and ready to rock. Upon taking the stage, each member of the band donned a presidential mask, my favorite being President Obama. Where else would you catch him headbanging on the guitar, hm? By the middle of their set, Cartel front man Will Pugh was persuaded into wearing a full-fledged banana suit, which he wore proudly. Cartel's setlist was chock full of some of my favorites like "Matter of Time" and "Burn This City"; undoubtedly oldies but goodies. Be sure to experience the infectious pop-rock melodies for yourself on their newest album Cycles, which was released last week!
P.S- Thanks to my wonderful friend Carrie who gets credit for taking all of these photos!
-Lindsay

4 comments:

Darrah said...

I can't believe you found a unicorn costume! You look so cute! Congrats on the radio contest win! I always wondered who won those...

Caitlyn said...

your costume looks so great!!

Kinsey said...

Love the costume! very unique!
I am so jealous you got to see Cartel this weekend!
I heard about it on Star 94, but I didn't even attempt to try to win tickets!
I am so excited about their new cd!

Lexie said...

great costume! that unicorn hat is great.

Post a Comment