Home Remedy For a Dreary Day? Thrifting, Of Course!

{ Saturday, September 19, 2009 }
I woke up this morning to the sound of rain hissing outside, all of my hopes of jogging utterly dashed. But what's a tad better than getting my weekly dose of cardio exercise? A spontaneous venture over to the local thrift shop! After my last few visits ending up with me leaving empty-handed, today's trip completely made up for the past disappointments.
Upon my arrival, my eyes quickly sought out the most adorable sundress of, quite possibly, all time. Alarms practically went off in my head screaming, "Zooey Deschanel-esque dress, hello!" and thankfully I grabbed that sucker off the rack before anyone could get their mitts on it. Did I mention the cute little frock only cost me a whopping $6?
After that, I found a delightful, yellow, swing top with big buttons adorning it's front. I have nothing in my closet similar to that color, so I bought it to expand my wardrobe into a full-out color spectrum. Lastly, my mom surprised me and ordered me an adorable owl necklace! It came in the mail today, and I honestly felt like Christmas had come 3 months early! To say the least, rainy days must have their perks sometime, eh? :)

-Lindsay

1 comments:

Some Girl said...

The owl necklace is really cute. I want one.

Post a Comment