"Cause' You Are the Brightest Star...and I'm Lost Without Your Love": Between The Trees

{ Saturday, September 5, 2009 }
Let me start off by saying that I absolutely love the indie rock band Between the Trees. My friends and I have been lucky enough to see them play in our hometown 4 times over the last 3 years, and it has been incredible to watch them grow more and more talented as musicians. It's crazy watching a band evolve from a few guys fresh out of high school, to a successful group of full-fledged musicians. Luckily for us, Between the Trees decided to kick off their fall tour in our town this past Thursday! The band was promoting their brand new album, Spain, and put on a wonderful show. Some of you might be familiar with their songs "The Way She Feels" and "White Lines and Red Lights", which were popular singles from their debut album, The Story and the Song. Overall, the night was full of sing-a-longs, endearing lyrics, and all around happiness. The following day, I found out that Between the Trees had won the mtvU Freshmen contest they had been vying for, which would earn them full video rotation on the channel of their video for "We Can Try". I'm so proud of them! Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the video this week, or check it out here: http://www.mtvu.com/music/the-freshmen/between-the-trees-we-can-try/
- Lindsay

0 comments:

Post a Comment