Weekly Adventures at the Thrift Store: Ralph Lauren Edition.

{ Tuesday, July 14, 2009 }
After savoring a delicious lunch of hummus today, my boyfriend called me wanting to hang out and grab a little snack and tea at the local Books a Million. Of course, I had to worm a little detour out of him on the way there! We stopped by my favorite thrift store, The Clothes Less Traveled. After rummaging around for a while, I was let down and disappointed that nothing exactly caught my eye. If I saw one more bent out of shape Abercrombie polo I was going to lose it! About to give up and leave, I started towards the door only to find an adorable, strapless, irrevocably girly Ralph Lauren dress calling my name. Upon trying it on- success! It fit like a glove, only better. The best part about this purchase though? It cost a mere $4. Well, $4.24 counting tax, but still, I've got new Ralph Lauren hanging in my closet for less than the price of a Hanes t-shirt. Photos of me wearing my pride and joy new purchase are above. I paired the soft pink, girly dress with a fitted denim vest and vintage cameo necklace for a laid back, folk-ish feel. Sorry about the quality of the shots, I don't have Photoshop on my new laptop yet; I'm in desperate need of it!
I have no shame about my unrequited love of thrifting. It's my most favorite hobby.
Ever found something so outrageously amazing at a thrift store that you've been dying to tell the world about it? Tell me about it here, in a comment!




-Lindsay

5 comments:

miss jordan. said...

I adore that dress!

Lindsay. Out. Loud said...

Thank you! I love it too, I can't wait to wear it for the first time :)

Bookish.Spazz said...

you're so lucky to have a decent thrift store in your town! All the ones in my town are crap...

Lindsay. Out. Loud said...

Aw, that sucks, I'm sorry! There are two decent ones of opposite sides of town so I frequent those often :)

Anonymous said...

nice combo and glasses!

Post a Comment