Rag-O-Rama $1 Finds!

{ Sunday, July 19, 2009 }
As promised, here are the fantastic things I found yesterday while thrifting in Atlanta! Between the rather lackluster duds at the popular Rag-O-Rama, a high-end consignment boutique, I found these gems. Relieved, happy, and tired from sifting through sale racks for over an hour, I came home completely satisfied with my purchases. There is no exact rhyme or reason to what I bought; they're simply pieces that make me happy and will be completely functional with the rest of my ever-growing wardrobe :)
Rag-O-Rama Finds
I brought home a fitted, striped cardigan that will be excellent for the fall! Aside from a small tear near the shoulder, which is totally fixable, it was perfect for me. The chartreuse sundress was a no-brainer; of course I had to have it! For a mere dollar? C'mon folks! The light lavender swing coat instantly reminded me of Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O. I think it will be perfect for the fall, or even the winter, paired with a simple tee underneath, dark wash skinny jeans, and flats. I was surprised shoes were even on sale, but heck, they were! The black, patent leather, peep toe flats were adorable and calling my name. They're simple and fun, yet dressy enough to wear out at night. Perfect, I say! The salmon-colored tank really appealed to me because of the crochet detailing around the neck. I'm such a sucker for anything with any kind of stitched detailing, really! Lastly, the emerald green checkered scarf! Call them last season, but I still adore these scarves. They're fun, easy to wear, and have enough personality and fringe to keep me content all winter long. I can't wait to sling that sucker around my neck and go play in the autumn leaves!
Rag-O-Rama was undoubtedly a definite success, and I already plan to attend their next semi-annual $1 sale, which I'm guessing will be held this winter. Quite honestly, I can't remember the last time I spent over $10 on a single article of clothing! I hold my head high and I say it with pride...I am a cheapskate! Are you? :)
-Lindsay

7 comments:

miss jordan. said...

Okay, first let me say I love your blog. Honestly.

Second, those seem like such great finds for $1! You lucky girl, you. I wanted to go there but sadly, my mother was being a buttface. =]

Lindsay. Out. Loud said...

Aw, thank you! You're so nice. Honestly. :)
It waa crazy what they had in there for a dollar. Diesel jeans, Juicy Couture...you name it. I wish you had gotten to go, goodness! Buttface haha, oh my, I thought that was only a word used between my boyfriend and I! You're hilarious girl!

miss jordan. said...

Thank you, girl! I wanted to go sooooo bad but hey, there's always the next one. Who knows maybe we'll see each other? Creepy? Yes. But exciting? Very.

Bookish.Spazz said...

ahh lucky again! Hopefully I'll go shopping soon, but will I find a good sale? I sure hope so! I always feel good when I'm thrifty!

Torrie said...

ok seriously lindsay? you are a great writer. you keep me interested even though its long (few ppl do that!)
second, i love that cardigan and those flats. sooo cute

gah, i just love your blog!

Lindsay. Out. Loud said...

Thank you Torrie, you're the best! I try to keep my posts short, sweet, and to the point but this one had to be elaborated upon! That usually happens with me when it comes to writing about clothing... :)
As much as I love summer, I'm wanting fall to get it's tail over here already! I can't wait to wear my comfy cardigan.
I love your blog too! You always wear the cutest things. I need to get with the program and start posting more outfits, haha.

Lexie said...

one of my best friends found the greatest pea coat at ragorama! i need to check out the one in chicago ...

Post a Comment