Oh, You're Wonderful Mr. A-Z.

{ Tuesday, July 28, 2009 }
First off, I appologize for the lack of exciting updates! I can't complain too much however, since my week has consisted of awesome concerts thus far :) Anyone who knows me is aware of the fact that I simply adore Jason Mraz. Not only is he an amazing and imaginative songwriter, the best of recent times in my opinion, but also a philanthropic soul with a refreshing, positive outlook on life. I was lucky enough to see him live for the second time on Monday. When we arrived at the venue, I spotted some really interesting mirrors, only to look closer and see that they had inspirational messages written on them. How great would it be to have a mirror like this in our rooms, just to make us feel a bit more confident everyday? The Plain White T's and G. Love were the openers of the show, and were pretty decent about connecting with the crowd. At 9 o'clock right on the dot, my main man, Jason Mraz, took the stage! He opened his set by singing the song which initially earned him recognition, The Remedy, which he modified into a more reggae-sounding, island melody. For the remainder of the evening he played many mellow tracks off of his latest album, We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things., such as Lucky, Coyotes, and of course, I'm Yours. Whenever I have the pleasure of attending the concert of an accomplished musician such as Mraz, the ending is always bittersweet. When you connect with an artist's words so much, and immensely appreciate what they have contributed to the music world, their grand finale song is quite hard to swallow. Nevertheless, I shrugged myself out of my seat, headed back home, and smiled all the while remembering how great of a time I had that night. Do yourself a favor and catch Jason Mraz on his Gratitude Cafe tour!
- Lindsay

4 comments:

Darrah said...

My theory is that you should never apologize for not posting if you're out living life. If you weren't going to awesome concerts, you'd have nothing to blog about! I just found you, and think your blog is really cute. Look forward to seeing more. :)

Lilee said...

hey! thanks for following!

Bookish.Spazz said...

Ah I love Jason Mraz! You're so lucky to have seen him :)

miss jordan. said...

I really love Jason Mraz.

Post a Comment