New Hot Spot Obsession? Little 5 Points, Atlanta.

{ Sunday, July 19, 2009 }
Let me just say...today was so incredibly fun! My friend Carrie and I woke up early to meet up with her sister to drive to Atlanta for some good mid-day shopping, lunch, a baseball game, and All-American Rejects free show. Whew, a lot to conquer in all of 12 hours, am I right? Being a newbie to the highly acclaimed Little 5 Points district in Atlanta, I didn't quite know what to expect. Let me just tell you ladies and gentlemen, this is the place to shop! First of all, the overall scene of the area is literally a world of its own. With clever and witty shop titles such as "Criminal Records", a music store which sells vinyl, the eccentric boutiques were right up my alley. Our first stop was Rag-O-Rama, a high-end consignment store which happened to be holding its semi-annual $1 sale. I stocked up, came home with a bag of pre-loved goodies, and only broke a $20. Nice! After dropping into a few more stores like The Junkman's Daughter and and Psycho Sister, we ventured into an organic foods market, which I loved. Everything was health conscious, from the earth, and absolutely delicious. New York City has Greenwich Village; Atlanta has Little 5 Points. This artsy, tucked-away, community of art, music, and unique clothing is the South's answer to the infamous art district of the Northeast. Of course a day's worth of shopping, cheering at the ball field, and singing along at a concert wouldn't possibly be complete without a satisfying dinner of to-die-for sushi. We dined at Ru San's, which offered 3 sushi pieces for a $1. A dollar! Naturally, I had to take advantage of the great deal and sample a few varieties of sushi!The meal hit just the right spot, and I came home exhausted yet happy, excited about the new additions to my closet, and with a full wallet. Expect a post soon detailing all of my great finds from Rag-O-Rama!




-Lindsay

6 comments:

Bookish.Spazz said...

That's so cool! And BTW that sushi was ridiculously cheap! That stuff is usually $6.00+ a roll!

Cathy said...

cute blog!

want to exchange links?

xx

miss jordan. said...

Hell yes. I absolutely adore L5P. Rag-O-Rama is the shizz! I live around that area so my friend and I just hop on the MARTA and go.

Also, have you been to Atlantic Station? They have the only H&M in Georgia.

Lindsay. Out. Loud said...

Cathy- Thanks! Sure, we can exchange links. I'll feature your blog in my favorite links section :)

Miss Jordan- Isn't it the greatest? I can't wait to go back! I'm going to Atlantic Station for the first time this coming Tuesday, I'm excited :)

jayne said...

I've always wanted to go to Atlanta! This looks like a lot of fun:)

btw you're running a great blog here, would you like to trade links?

Lindsay. Out. Loud said...

Jayne- Atlanta is so much fun. It's full of urban culture and art, you should go someday.
Thanks so much, I actually already had your link featured in my links section! :)

Post a Comment