It's A Wild, Wild Warped.

{ Friday, July 31, 2009 }
Ask me why I think attending Van's Warped Tour is such a summer staple, and it may take me a while to give you an exact answer. Maybe it's the ever-lingering scent of smoke in the air, the enthusiastic crowds, or the unavoidable sunburn I carry home with me. Or quite possibly, the great bands that are guaranteed to be playing. I attended the 15th annual Warped in Atlanta this past Tuesday and had a blast! It was my second year in a row going, and my friends and I have unanimously decided that it will become our summer ritual from here on out. Although there weren't as many bands playing this year that I was a fan of, I still saw tons of live performances and thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them. Saosin, my must-see band of the day, played early in the morning, luckily! I loved their set, and quickly jogged over to their meet and greet line to get my Warped program signed and meet the guys behind the music. After a 45 minute wait, I finally met the band, got some pictures, and walked away with a nicely signed program. Score! Over the course of the day I also saw the latest crunkcore sensation 3OH!3, The White Tie Affair, A Day To Remember, Bayside, Chiodos, You Me and Everyone We Know, and had the awesome opportunity to watch and meet Forever the Sickest Kids. Overall, the day was non-stop awesomeness. That is, until 8 p.m rolled around. Before we knew it, a harsh wind had kick up, merch tents went flying, and a herd of thousands was hustling their way to seek refuge under the main amphitheater of the venue. Some scared, some laughing it off, and some of us tempted to break dance in the rain, we all found a seat in the amphitheater in hopes of enjoying the closing band of the day, All Time Low. In all aspects of the phrase; the show must go on! The bands were very behind schedule, so regrettably, I ventured on home to shower away the sweat of fellow moshers and rest my feet. Bring it on, Warped '10!
-Lindsay

5 comments:

miss jordan. said...

OMG. I wish I could have gone but I didn't, haha. I will try to go next summer, though.

Bookish.Spazz said...

I didn't think it was worth going to Warped this year since a lot of my favourite bands skipped out this year :/ Glad you had fun tho!

Lexie said...

when i was in high school, i ALWAYS wanted to go to warped tour, but every year there was always something going on that made me miss out. i'm glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

constantly i used to read smaller articles or reviews which as well clear their motive, and that is
also happening with this post which I am reading at this time.


Also visit my web page :: la casa de tu vida

Anonymous said...

Just wantеd to say that I found your
blog on anԁ though I liked checking out your post, іt aрpears your blog acts
up in a couple browserѕ. When I view уour site in Ѕafarі,
it lookѕ fine howеver, ωhen opеning
in IE, it has a bunch of ovеrlapping diffіculties.
I simply wanted to offer you wіth a brіеf aleгt, that's all.

Also visit my website: 30529

Post a Comment