It's Time To Wake Up and Smell the Coffee! Or Good Tea, if You're Like Me...

{ Tuesday, July 14, 2009 }
Is it just me, or is Starbucks becoming slightly, maybe, possibly, dare I say it...overrated? Actually, let me back up for a second. I'm a recovering 'Bucks addict. Between this unrelenting, hot Georgia weather and the simple fact that it's summer, I've been downing on average 2 or 3 venti iced green teas per week. Oh, the confession.
Lately I've been thinking, why not give the friendly, non-monopolizing coffee shop around the corner a chance for once? So, this afternoon my boyfriend and I did. After doing a bit of online research, I decided that "It's a Grind" (http://www.itsagrind.com/index.php) coffee house would be the destination for my green tea fix. The quaint little cafe was wonderful, the prices were much more fair, and most importantly I wasn't greeted with a, "would you like to try a tall mochachocawhatever today?" Success!
So, I'm presenting you all with a challenge: step outside of your corporately owned caffeine fix, and into the realm of a cozy coffee shop.
If I can do it, you sure as heck can. Raise your insulated mugs high in the air and say it with me: "yes we can!" If you stepped up to the plate and ditched the 'Bucks for a day, leave a comment :)
-Lindsay

0 comments:

Post a Comment