I'm a Possible Freshman 15-er, Perhaps?

{ Friday, July 17, 2009 }
A few months back, I was reading the latest issue of Seventeen Magazine which had an article asking upcoming college Freshman to submit introductory videos of themselves to be screened for their "Freshman 15" feature. The magazine follows 15 girls through their first year of college; I thought it sounded pretty realistic and cool. For the heck of it, I submitted my video! Why not, right?
I just got an e-mail back from them, and I'm a finalist! Crazy stuff, I know. My video entry is below, feel free to watch it if you'd like. Of course, being the nerd I am, I threw in my own quirks to the video and added in a Napoleon Dynamite reference at the end. Ohhh, I had to. Here's the Youtube link as well, just in case the video I posted whacks out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp9JAIoQ3w

Hopefully I have a decent chance at earning a spot in the 15! It would be crazy cool, not gonna lie one bit on that one. I'll find out from the magazine later this summer, so I'll keep everyone posted :)

-Lindsay

5 comments:

Libby said...

Good luck!

Bookish.Spazz said...

Ah that's so awesome! The best of luck to you!!

Umi-San said...

lol i just wanted to say your blog is adorable, and that you write REALLY well, i think you'll have a bomb time at college and its def. the best gonna be the best time of your life! I totally agree that you can have the college experience while you are still at home, although i live 2 hours away from my parents. Honestly though when i think about it, i would have been a lot more focused in classes if i would have lived at my parents and commuted, your gonna have it easy girl! At least someone else will be making sure you get dinner every night! And you wont have to share a bathroom, and shower with 50 different strangers> gross! Anyways, best of luck to you hope that you are one the the finalists! I dont follow 17 magazine much but if you keep us posted ill be sure to go buy that months issue just so i can say "hey, i follow that girls blog :)"

miss jordan. said...

I love your blog and Georgia peaches rule.
End of story.

Lindsay. Out. Loud said...

Thank you everyone! It means so much :)

Umi-San: Thank you! I hope I have a great time at college too, I'm so excited to meet new people are learn things that will actually be applicable to the real world, you know? High school just seemed really fake to me in all aspects of the word. Haha, at first I absolutely hated the idea of living at home...but now I've grown to love it! No tiny dorm rooms or three meals a day consisting of Ramen noodles, hooray! But I'll definitely keep everyone posted, take care :)

Miss Jordan: Thank you! And you know it! :)

Post a Comment